ETHEL’s Foundation for the Arts supports contemporary concert music by presenting adventurous performances; commissioning established and emerging composers; educating young musicians through innovative methodologies; and expanding audiences.
Reasons to Support ETHEL
- 50+ world premieres over the past three years, showcasing the most inspired, compelling and innovative contemporary concert music
- 40 composers (and counting!) commissioned by ETHEL to create music for the 21st century
- 1 House Band and Music Curator for TEDxManhattan, TedXBig Apple, and TEDxTempe
- 8 consecutive years as Ensemble-in-Residence for the Native American Composers Apprentice Project, winner of the 2011 National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award administered by the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities
- 100s of Native American youth taught and inspired; 100s of pieces by young Native American composers premiered
- 30,000 live audience members annually – that’s over 60,000 stomping feet!
And just because:
- 147+ bow hairs shredded per season
- 1 fiddle string popped per each 16.5 hours of performance
- 1 “cello seat” purchased for every airline flight
- 7,500 temporary ETHEL tattoos distributed each year